Tucson Immigration Lawyers Defending Clients against Deportation
As with all areas of immigration law, deportation and removal from the United States are serious issues that can threaten a person’s livelihood and tear apart families. The Benavidez Law Group, P.C. defends individuals against deportation, and also represents clients who have been charged with illegal reentry.
Reasons for Deportation
Deportation occurs when the federal government formally removes an alien from the United States for violations of various immigration and/or criminal laws. If deported or removed, an alien may face a range of consequences, including the inability to ever return to the United States under any status. An alien may be subject to deportation in the following circumstances:
- He or she is an inadmissible alien according to immigration laws in effect at the time of entry to the U.S. or adjustment of nonimmigrant status.
- The individual is present in the U.S. in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act or any other U.S. law.
- He or she violated nonimmigrant status or a condition of entry into the U.S.
- A conditional permanent residence terminated.
- He or she encouraged or aided any other alien to enter the U.S. illegally.
- The individual engaged in marriage fraud to gain admission to the U.S.
- He or she was convicted of certain criminal offenses.
- He or she failed to register or falsified documents relating to entry into the U.S.
- The individual engaged in any activity that endangers public safety or creates a risk of national security.
- He or she engaged in unlawful voting.
If you or a family member has been issued a Notice to Appear in Immigration Court, or if you have been scheduled for a deportation hearing, the Benavidez Law Group, P.C. can help you fight the removal.
Once an alien has been legally removed from the United States, federal criminal law makes it a felony to reenter without the approval of the government. Penalties for illegal reentry include a fine, imprisonment or both. A prior criminal conviction increases potential prison time. Our attorneys are prepared to fight for the rights and interests of people charged with illegal reentry after being deported, removed, excluded or denied admission to the U.S.
Contact Us for Effect Defense Representation in Deportation Proceedings
Facing deportation or criminal charges for illegal reentry can be extremely frightening for individuals and their families. The legal process is quite complex and you may find the proceedings confusing or difficult to understand. contact the Benavidez Law Group in Tucson, and we will stand by you, ensuring that your rights are protected and that your case is resolved as quickly as possible. Hablamos español.